Install on powermac 8500

Jeremy Warren yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Oct 19 18:32:01 2002

I am trying to install YDL 2.2 on a recently acquired Powermac 8500, it has
one internal SCSI drive (original 1gb) and I have added a Sonnet ATA
controller card with a 12gb drive attached. I have Mac OS 9.0.4 installed on
one partition of the 12gb drive and that is it, the rest of the drives /
partitions are empty.

I have installed BOOTX and I am able to boot into the installer and it works
fine until I get to the partition creation and it errors out with the error
NO HARD DRIVES FOUND.

I can understand that it would not be able to find the drive on the ATA
controller but I would have thought that it would find the SCSI drive
because it finds the CD-Rom drive on the same channel. I am guessing that
the SCSI id's are good because I can boot MAC OS off the SCSI drive and
still have access to the cd drive.

Anyone have any suggestions??