Acard ATA133 supported? and Sonnet Tempo ATA133?

Kevin B. Hendricks yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Oct 20 06:37:00 2002

Hi,

I bought the Sonnet Tempo ATA 133 first and I could not get it to work
reliably over ATA-33 speed (not 66, not 100, not 133) even with the right
cable and drive.

The 2.4 kernel driver for the Sonnet ATA-133 is actually the Promise 20268
driver and it has had lots of trouble in the past.  Ben Herrenschmidt
(what would we do without him!) ran into similar difficulties when he did
his Xserve port (since it used Promise on-board controllers) and he
finally was able to fix the driver I belive.  So the only kernel that
probably has those fixes in place is Ben's kernel.  Please check with him
as to the real status.

Before Ben fixed it, I gave up on the card and bought an ACard ATA 133 and
it was properly recognized and worked flawlessly by the aec driver in the
2.4 kernel.

That card is a none good card (works under MacOSX as well!).

Hope this helps,

Kevin