DRI and Radeon Mobility LY on Powerbook G4

Stephen Hocking yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Oct 25 08:21:00 2002

> Hi everybody
>
> I am new on the list and on YDL (I am using SuSE on i86 !)
> I just installed YDL 2.3 on a brandnew Titanium Powerbook G4 with a Radeon
> Mobility LY and I just can't use the DRI so no 3D acceleration.
>
> Is someone know that this is because there is NO DRI support for this card
> with PPC linux Kernel or is there a special trick ?
>
> I try to modified the XF86Config-4 file ... loading the radeon driver
> reducing depth from 32 bpp to 24 or 16 bpp but whenever I try to load the
> dri module.... X crash !
>
> If someone has a clue thanks to him

I also see this. Apparently there is a fix in the cvs tree of the DRI code, but I haven't bothered to track it down and install it, on account of only having a small amount of the disk set aside for Linux. I think if you do a search in the DRI mailing list archives for RADEON M6 LY you might find a discussion of it. I was hoping that it would be fixed in an update some time.

	Stephen
--
  The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.

    "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
     the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know
     this is not true."            Robert Wilensky, University of California