DRI and Radeon Mobility LY on Powerbook G4

Matthias Titeux yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Oct 25 07:19:01 2002

Hi everybody

I am new on the list and on YDL (I am using SuSE on i86 !)
I just installed YDL 2.3 on a brandnew Titanium Powerbook G4 with a Radeon
Mobility LY and I just can't use the DRI so no 3D acceleration.

Is someone know that this is because there is NO DRI support for this card
with PPC linux Kernel or is there a special trick ?

I try to modified the XF86Config-4 file ... loading the radeon driver
reducing depth from 32 bpp to 24 or 16 bpp but whenever I try to load the
dri module.... X crash !

If someone has a clue thanks to him

Matthias