Powerbook Titanium w/ YDL 2.3 and no DRI available

Matthias Titeux yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Oct 28 11:05:01 2002

Hi

I just installed YDL 2.3 on the Powerbook G4 Titanium of a friend.
I have download the YDL 2.3 iso image from the Yellow dog ftp.

The Radeon Mobility M6 LY is recongnized but I can not have the dri
access. Every time I try to load the dri module (from the XFree86Config-4
file) X crash at start. Looking closer it appear that there is NO
agpgart. module avalaible in the system ! How can I install the correct
agp module for this kernel and load it into the kerne. Maybe that way the
3D acceleration will be avalaible.

By the Way, there was no gcc nor glibc  installed by default ate
beginning. So I "apt-get" from Yellow dog ftp but still, when I try to
compile there is a message telling me " C compiler cannot create
executables"

Is someone has any clue ?

I'm beginnig to get nuts with this 3D acceleration stuff !