Getting to a console at runlevel 5

Jonathan Singer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Oct 28 12:50:01 2002

Thanks! Actually, after some more fiddling, I was able to boot into single-user mode by just passing "linux single" to the boot prompt. Documentation had caused me to think there had to be an semicolon in there and I couldn't get it to work.

The underlying problem turned out to be fairly simple so single-user was enough to fix it. But your plan would be very useful in cases where more testing of X had been necessary. Again, thanks!