Sonnet Temp ATA 100 & PM 8500

Michael Graham yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Oct 28 20:43:01 2002

When trying to do a new install,  my ide drive does not show up in the
partitioning section of the installer. When I originally installed 2.1
on this drive, I had the card and drive in a beige g3 and it worked
fine. Once I moved it over to the 8500 after the install, works fine,
boots right up.

Now that I want to upgrade the drive and do a fresh install of 2.3 with
everything connected the same way it was in the beige g3 but now in the
8500, the drive will not show up. Is there something about the
architecture that is so different it won't work the same or does it
have something to do with the kernel on the install disk.

I'm perplexed.

michael