NFS woes

Michael George yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Oct 29 10:10:01 2002

On Tuesday, October 29, 2002, at 11:46 AM, pietro pesci-feltri wrote:
> This test wil be fine, but as a guess, check the router configuration
> in
> the Xserve machine and try to put *ALL* machines in the same network
> and try to mount nfs directories from both wintel machine.

 From the same network, they seem to mount just fine.  I cannot put them
all on the same network because they are in two different locations.
That's why it's important to be able to do the NFS through the VPN.
And apparently it *will* work, but for some reason not with the YDL NFS
server.

> If problem persist, may be problems with NFS versions.

There is one machine which will actually be on both networks, and that
is the laptop I'm no now.  It will have different IP addresses on each
end of the tunnel, but it *is* the same machine.  I will also be able
to try that tomorrow when I'm back at my primary office.

-Michael George
  Senior Engineer, Software Development
  Aurora Video Systems, Inc.