Module Dependancy

Bryan D. Brown yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Oct 29 14:56:01 2002

Dear all:

I tried this on the newbie list and got no response... so hopefully
someone here can help me.

I am having a module dependency problem. When I run depmod, the
following happens:

[root@server root]# depmod -a
depmod: Can't open /lib/modules/2.4.18-0.8a/modules.dep for writing

I went ahead and looked and the 2.4.18-0.8a is not there, but rather
the directory for 2.4.19-4a.

Not much of clue on how to fix this, so any help would be greatly
appreciated. I should mention that I am trying to get the microphone
input to work.

The error also occurs during boot.

I have also tried to run lsmod and modprobe which yield the following results.

[root@website root] /sbin/lsmod

[root@website proc]# /sbin/modprobe dmasound
modprobe: Can't open dependencies file
/lib/modules/2.4.18-0.8a/modules.dep (No such file or directory)

Again, any help would be appreciated.

Bryan