Modem on G4 PB TI

Geert Janssens yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Oct 30 10:43:01 2002

Stefan Bernhard wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> thanks for the information. What Benh Kernel should I use? for iBook???
> or the usual one?
> Do you know how to enalble PCMCIA support?
> I have 512Mb  in the PB but Konquerer ist still that slow in starting
> up, also other Programs are slow in starting up.
> Maybe it is the Kernel. In SUSE I used the benh Kernel. Hopefully it
> will speedup after changing.

Did you install YDL 2.3 from the CD ?

In that case the slowness may be caused by a bug in the Qt libraries
that came with the default 2.3 install CD. The bug caused several KDE
programs to be extremely slow.

Terrasoft has issued an update for this problem. You can install it via
apt-get.

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

Hope that helps.