Problem while loading YDL 2.3 on 800MHz G4 powermac.

Pierre-Olivier JOMAIN yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Oct 31 00:00:01 2002

10/30/02 13:09, kallesh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a problem while loading  YellowDogLinux 2.3  onto 800MHz G4 Powermac.
> We have burnt the YDL 2.3 ISO image for G4 m/cs onto CD. When the G4 machine
> is switched off and switched on, it starts booting from CD drive. Following
> steps were found happening:
> 2.  A window pops up asking for terms and conditions. Selected `Agree`
> 3. Then it opens the GUI installer, in which you can load the drivers for
> mouse , keyboard.,  etc...
> 4. Here when it goes to `hard-disk partition` it gives an error "Hard disk not
> found".
> Here we are stuck. Not sure why we are getting this error. We have partitioned
> the hard disk into 2 parts. One partition is having MAC OS and the other
> partition we have reserved for loading Yellow Dog Linux 2.3 (set as Unix file
> system).

You don't have to set a a partition for YLD. You need to leave free space
instead of a partition to install linux. Linux will format this free space.

Pierre-Olivier JOMAIN
mailto:pojomain@free.fr