ppp/local networking

yvon yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 5 05:30:06 2002

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002 15:56:07 -0700
"Russell T. Brunet" <brunet@mac.com> wrote:

> First, I can connect fine.
> The modem works great, I can hear it dial, it connects and brings up a
> status menu in the kde panel (btw, I'm connecting using kppp). Once
> connected I try to use a tcp/ip application and I cannot get any
> address to resolve.

I had the same kind of probs - not solved using kppp - i'm using either
a command line : /sbin/ifup ppp0 to connect /sbin/ifdown ppp0 to
disconnect. And, i've put those command lines into a dockable small app
gkrellm wich works fine (i'm using blackbow as a wm). I did a ppc.rpm
for both gkrellm and gkrellm-devel (version 2.0.0), if you need those,
let me know, i can put that somewhere on the net...

Before all verify ( /sbin/route -F) that your ppp0 goes up, it might be
usefull to add a route (see man route).

Hope this could help... a bit °;=)
--
Yvon Thoraval