Xv driver for XFree86/YDL2.3?

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 5 20:27:01 2002

On Thu Sep 5 2002, Henry A. Leinhos wrote:

> I'm apparently having trouble witht the Xv driver that comes with the
> XFree86 (ver 4.2.0-6.30e) in YDL 2.3.  I have compiled/installed both
> ogle and  xine, but the output window only displays half of the content
> (the left half).  Is there anything I can do (short of compiling XFree86
> using the Gatos drivers) to fix this?
>
> My system is a Powermac Dual G4 450MHz with an ATI 128 Rage Pro AGP card
> (stock from apple), and I'm running YDL 2.3 with the latest apt-get
> upgrades.

Hi Henry,

This should work just fine if you're running a non-SMP kernel, but will
have the problems you describe if you're running an SMP kernel.  You may
also need to reduce your resolution and/or bit depth (I'm running with
a resolution of 1280x1024 and a depth of 16).  I have a very similar
setup except I have a dual 500 MHz G4 and xine works great (uses about
1/2 the single CPU with DRI/DMA disabled and about 1/3 the single CPU
with DRI/DMA enabled) watching DVDs and other content.

						-Regards

						-Bill