AsanteFast 690 10/100

Mark Walker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Sep 7 20:29:01 2002

When using Ethernet if any part of the plant, card, patch cable, ACO, or hu=
does not work at a specified speed (100mb) it will step down to 10mb.  A
typical case if the patch cable is not constructed to standard (TIA 568A or
568B) to run at 100mb the the system will step down to 10mb.
Since it is an incremental increase by a factor of 10 it will not run at
11-99mb, but 10 or 100 only.
I'm only guessing, but because you have a 10mb card in their same system it
will only run at 10mb on any other card in that box or on the same network.
This is seen on LANs where one part is causing the whole to run at 10mb.
More times than not it is a patch cable or other part of the cabling causin=
the problem.