ufs to macOS

Angela Kahealani yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Sep 8 13:29:01 2002

Andrew Stout wrote:
> >Stephen Reiach
> >Russell Brunet <brunet@mac.com> wrote:
> >>  On 9/7/02 6:49 PM, "francesco" <francesco@akiraland.net> wrote:
> >>  > hi, i've linux and osX (ufs partition) installed on my
> >>powerbook. is there any
> >>  > safe way to re-install osX to change his partition type to hfs+
> >>leaving linux

Both the OS9 and OSuX "Drive Setup / Disk Utility", in my experience
(pre-OSuX 10.2) when asked to make ANY change on ANY partition, will
change EVERY partition = no data remains on ANY partition of a disk.
However, in the installer process of OS X, one of the screens offers
the option to "Erase" a partition and install OS X onto it...
and this
only touches the one partition. "Erase" done from the Finder of
a running
Mac OS {9,X} only zaps the selected partition. Either way, in
the ERASE
dialogue, you get to pick the new format, under 9, HFS or HFS+,
under X,
HFS+ or UFS. AVOID using "Drive Setup / Disk Utility", use "ERASE".

--
Copyright 2002 Angela Kahealani. http://www.kahealani.com/
All Rights Reserved Without Prejudice, UCC 1-207,