Screen Resolution/Color Display

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Sep 8 22:40:01 2002

Hi.

At 23:59 -0400 on 2002-9-8 omyryn@netscape.net wrote:

 > I am unable to change the resolution and display colors for my
 > monitor.  Am I missing something here? Is there other configuration
 > file(s) that I need to edit?

I believe you also have to prevent Xautoconfig from firing up each
time you change runlevels.  Check out Steps 7 and 8 from the YDL's
howto at

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/nvidia.shtml

Hopefully, this will fix the problem.  By the way, you may want to
read the whole howto since it refers precisely to your graphics card.

Good luck,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.