Screen Resolution/Color Display

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Sep 8 22:05:01 2002

Hello everyone,

I have a power mac G4 cube running YDL v2.3, 20GB hard drive, 1gig of ram,and a 22" apple cinema display using a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 32MB graphics card. I am unable to change the resolution and display colors for my monitor.  I have checked previous yellow dog-general archives regarding such situations but no luck. The only "XF86Config*" file for editing is "/etc/X11/XF86Config-4", which I have edited many times. After which I logged out,logged back in and I even rebooted, and nothing happens.  I have also used Gnome's "X Configuration" utility... again nothing happens.  I even choose resolutions that the monitor is not capable of handling (just for kicks) and still nothing happens, I still get the same undesireable display.  Am I missing something here? Is there other configuration file(s) that I need to edit? Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.