yellowdog-general digest, Vol 1 #402 - 7 msgs

Michael Teaney yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Sep 10 22:04:01 2002

> Did you wait a bit (let's say a couple of minutes) before launching
> startx?  You might have erased your routes to the outside world, and X
> tries to resolve your hostname.  The dns query will eventually time
> out and X show up, but that does take a minute or so.  I am not sure
> what the timeout value is, so you may want to wait even longer (good
> time to fix yourself a sandwich or a drink ;-) ).
Oh, I believe I waited sufficient time... Familiar I am with the Force, but
long have I walked the path set for me by most evil master, Darth Bill;
Difficult is the journey back into the light of electronic harmoniom... Not
to mention an OS as stable as I could ever make DOS, and infinitely more
so... 8-)
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Net-HOWTO/index.html (it's a bit outdated,
> but the principles are still the same).

Always looking for more sites like that... Thanx...

Casca
"Think you got it bad, Luke? Look at My dad... " W. Gates, Jr