Radeon 7500

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Sep 11 21:53:01 2002

At 23:35 -0400 on 2002-9-11 Ron McCall wrote:

 > I vaguely remember something about a default resolution of 1024x768
 > and some default refresh rate that gets selected if you don't
 > specify anything yourself.  If your monitor can sync to this,
 > you're all set.

My kernel gets the (correct) resolution from OF (and blanks the screen
if one tries to feed any resolution up its throat).  But truth being
told I have not tried your kernel argument, I might do this once I
have a bit of time to spare.  It may also be that differences in OF
and machine require different solutions (e.g., LCD, build-in screen,
and thus with parameters readily available to those that burn the OF,
on my machine as opposed to CRT screen connected externally on
yours). In any case, glad to hear that things look good now.

Actually, now that I think of it, I believe that you are quite right
about the default resolution taken from OF (that messes things up in
your case).  Indeed, my kernel does probably take this default
resolution from OF allright, it just happens that the default
resolution is the correct one (since it is known at manufacture time
what are the characteristics of the display).

 > Thanks for the help!

You are welcome.  Especially since I have not been of much help...

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.