Configuring ATI Mach64

Heinrich Secker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 19 12:33:01 2002

------=_NextPart_000_006F_01C25FD0.298DCB70

DearScott,
  I apologize for imposing upon your time but I find myself grasping at =
threads... speaking of which
  I stumbled onto this thread while trying to puzzle out the video =
configuration of a Mac 9500 I have aquired recently. It uses multiple =
resolutions with  the Apple 20" multisync that came with it; but that =
monitor is screwed up; so I have been trying to get it to work with an =
IBM  P200, 20" trinitron.  With that monitor as well as a NEC 14 FGe, I =
am only able to access the coarsest resolution- 460 by 680(?); whereas, =
with the apple monitor I'm doing 1152 across the top.
  I saw that there wasn't an ATI control panel, but when I  went to ATI =
to download software, they said the Mach64 was a PC card!
   I was clueless as to what you were talking about in your yellowdog =
thread, but it sounded like you new where up was, so I thought I take a =
flyer at asking you what you know about ATI mach64s in 9500s,  and PC =
monitors. ( I do speak computer fairly well, but sometimes I have to use =
my references)

.... I work at Borders Books and Music partime; shelving Computer books. =
After seeing your display at Macworld last year I was captured by the =
enthusiasm and friendliness of your exhibitors, and excited by your =
product.  I am so very pleased to see your product being sold at our =
stores.  I am excited about my 9500 because after years of using my old, =
trusty yet hamstrung, performa 6400(w/ G3/350), I have a machine I can =
upgrade  to a G4, use 12 ram slots, and 6 PCI cards, and use to run OSX  =
and Yellowdog.  I would appreciate any caveats you have to share about =
running yellow dog on the 9500, even before a g4 upgrade. A =
cash-strapped web designer might do well to start out with Yellow dog on =
his 9500, before ASSuming he can upgrade the dreaded 9500 box!
 =20
sincerely yours, Heinrich Secker
------=_NextPart_000_006F_01C25FD0.298DCB70

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>DearScott,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; I apologize for imposing upon =
your time but=20
I find myself grasping at threads... speaking of which</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; I stumbled onto this thread =
while trying to=20
puzzle out the video configuration of a Mac 9500 I have aquired =
recently. It=20
uses multiple resolutions&nbsp;with &nbsp;the Apple 20" multisync that =
came with=20
it; but that monitor is screwed up; so I have been trying to get it to =
work with=20
an IBM&nbsp; P200, 20" trinitron. &nbsp;With that monitor as well as a =
NEC 14=20
FGe, I am only able to access the coarsest resolution- 460 by 680(?); =
whereas,=20
with the apple monitor I'm doing 1152 across the top.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; I saw that there wasn't an ATI =
control=20
panel, but when I&nbsp; went to ATI to download software, they said the =
Mach64=20
was a PC card!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; I was clueless as to what =
you were=20
talking about in your yellowdog thread, but it sounded like you new =
where up=20
was, so I thought I take a flyer at asking you what you know about ATI =
mach64s=20
in 9500s, &nbsp;and PC monitors.&nbsp;( I do speak computer fairly well, =
but=20
sometimes I have to use my references)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>.... I work at Borders Books and Music =
partime;=20
shelving Computer books. After seeing your display at Macworld last year =
I was=20
captured by the enthusiasm and friendliness of your exhibitors, and =
excited by=20
your product.&nbsp; I am so very pleased to see your product being sold =
at our=20
stores.&nbsp; I am excited about my 9500 because after years of using my =
old,=20
trusty yet hamstrung, performa 6400(w/ G3/350), I have a machine I=20
can&nbsp;upgrade&nbsp; to a G4, use 12 ram slots, and 6 PCI =
cards,&nbsp;and use=20
to run OSX&nbsp; and Yellowdog.&nbsp; I would appreciate any caveats you =
have to=20
share about running yellow dog on the 9500, even before a g4 upgrade. A=20
cash-strapped web designer might do well to&nbsp;start out&nbsp;with =
Yellow dog=20
on his 9500, before ASSuming he can upgrade the dreaded 9500 =
box!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>sincerely yours, Heinrich=20
Secker</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_006F_01C25FD0.298DCB70--