Configuring ATI Mach64

yvon yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Sep 19 15:54:01 2002

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:31:57 -0700
"Heinrich Secker" <srfhesed@attbi.com> wrote:

>    I was clueless as to what you were talking about in your yellowdog
>    thread, but it sounded like you new where up was, so I thought I
>    take a flyer at asking you what you know about ATI mach64s in
>    9500s,  and PC monitors. ( I do speak computer fairly well, but
>    sometimes I have to use my references)

i'm presently using a 9500 with a mach64 ATI WCLAIM video card.

i was unable to install yellowdog 2.3 in X mode but rather in text mode
(redhat).

after that i ran under XPmac (sun's x11r6 for macintosh) but finally
found the working setup (essentially modelines) for XFree.

i don't use any accelarating card, and will never because their are
about the used-price of my oldworld ppc.

i think i'll never put more money on this old setup but rather buy a PC
(wintel) or a 750 motherboard (cheep coming soon onto the market)
--
Yvon Thoraval