burning iso image using Disk Copy

Bert Knabe yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Sep 21 16:33:01 2002

--Apple-Mail-2-653287095

On Saturday, September 21, 2002, at 08:26  AM, Greg Harewood wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Sorry that this is off topic for YDL.
>
> Bert Knabe said (back in June)...
>
> >I downloaded the image again, and immediately tried to burn it. It
> went
> >all the way through the burn, closed the session, then Disk Copy gave
> >the following error:
> >
> >"rome-2.2-20020407-install.iso" failed to burn due to error -7932.
> >Unknown error: 4294959364
> >

> >Any ideas? Other than coming up with $30 to mail them for the CD's? At
> >this point if I have to pay for it, I won't be getting Linux.
> >
> >Bert
>
> Bert, did you ever solve this?  I am having exactly the same problem
> burning ISOs with Disk Copy.  I'm trying to remember when the problem
> started, it was a specific MacOS upgrade.  CD burning for me worked
> for some period between 10.0 and 10.1.5, but I don't remember which
> versions.  At some point, one of the upgrades broke things, so that
> Disk Copy no longer burns correctly.  iTunes can make Audio CDs.  I'm
> using a MITSUMI CR-4804TE.
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Greg Harewood

IIRC, it turned out to be a combination of factors. I have a USB burner
(slow, but meets my needs), and the cable was bad. Not bad enough to
completely fail, just bad enough to flake out under the sustained
throughput of a full CD burn. I had also bought a different brand of
CD, and it seems this particular burner does not like Memorex. Every
disk I tried to burn failed even after getting a new cable - they
finished burning but failed verification or were unreadable if not
verified, but I could burn disks from the same package in another
burner, no problem. Buying either TDK or CompUSA storebrand cd's solved
that problem. I would never have thought of the CD's if I hadn't seen a
similar thing happen once before.

Bert
--
If Utopia is having all your needs provided so that you have no
concerns, no worries, no needs, then a blade of grass lives in a utopia.

--Apple-Mail-2-653287095

the image again, and immediately tried to burn it. It went

>all the way through the burn, closed the session, then Disk Copy gave

>the following error:

>"rome-2.2-20020407-install.iso" failed to burn due to error -7932.

>Unknown error: 4294959364

>Any ideas? Other than coming up with $30 to mail them for the CD's?
At

>this point if I have to pay for it, I won't be getting Linux.

Bert, did you ever solve this?  I am having exactly the same problem
burning ISOs with Disk Copy.  I'm trying to remember when the problem
started, it was a specific MacOS upgrade.  CD burning for me worked
for some period between 10.0 and 10.1.5, but I don't remember which
versions.  At some point, one of the upgrades broke things, so that
Disk Copy no longer burns correctly.  iTunes can make Audio CDs.  I'm
using a MITSUMI CR-4804TE.

Thanks for any help!

Greg Harewood

</excerpt>