YDL 2.3 and Crescendo/L2 G3 on Starmax 3000 Worth it?

Stephane Daury yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Sep 23 06:42:01 2002

Hi there,

I still own and run a trusty Motorola Starmax 3000/180 (603e based on
PPC 4400). Thanks to YDL, it still makes a great networked media server
for my home.

I am considering purchasing sonet's G3 upgrade for it (fits in L2 cache
slot), but I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble. Will I effectively
gain something from it, especially on YDL 2.3? Is it even compatible?
The only thread I could find about it on this list dates back to 2000.

See http://www.sonnettech.com/product/crescendo_l2.html for upgrade
specs.
And EveryMac for starmax specs
http://www.everymac.com/systems/motorola/starmax3000/
starmax3000_180mt.html (yes, I have more ram and disks on it ;o)

Thanks,

Stephane - http://netjuke.sourceforge.net/