Problems installing YDL 2.1 on PowerMac 7600. Help?

Cynthia Croy yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Sep 23 11:45:01 2002

  Don -

What happens when I select Linux in BootX is that I get a screen with
white text then it clears - like you said - and I get another screen of
white text but the letters are larger - like it's a different resolution
or font size. It's like when Linux takes over control of the video, it
does it differently than MacOS. You might be able to resolve your
problem temporarily by choosing "no video driver" in the BootX control
panel. This might get you through the install at least. After that,
you'll need to find someone who knows more about Linux than I do the
help you find a better way to set up the video. I've had problems in the
past with Linux starting Xwindows with the "no video driver" option
selected.

Good luck,

Cindy