Yellow Dog install probs

Kernel_Killer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Sep 29 13:54:00 2002

I'm getting some big time errors when trying to install YDL 2.2 or 2.3
on my PowerMac 6500/250MHz.  If I do more than a 'base install' I get an
error that halts the system while it's installing packages.  The error
is saying something like this:

Exception in kernel mode : Sig 4
<MIP> HEX HEX HEX HEX HEX HEX HEX
             HEX HEX HEX HEX HEX HEX HEX

<0> Kernel Panic: Aieee!!!! Killing interrupt handler
<0> interrupt handler not syncing
Will reboot in <180> seconds........

I put HEX instead of the 32-bit hex code that was displayed, and there
were more items with 'HEX' code.  I tried using each 64MB EDO chip by
itself thinking it was bad RAM, but nothing worked.  I had this problem
before I bought the most recent 64MB chip a couple weeks ago.  I also
tried using the 2.2 and the 2.4 kernel on both YDL 2.2 & 2.3.  When
switching versions I did remove BootX and reinstall the apropriate
kernels, and iamges for the version.