Installation Woes on a B&W (part 2)

Dan DeBoer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 3 19:40:01 2003

Thanks for everyone's help.  Now new problems have
arisen.  Since i was unable to get a successful
reboot, i decided to start from square one.  I
returned my machine to stock condition.  ie 6 gig hard
drive on main bus and original cd rom(24x).  I removed
the acard pci ide controller also.  I started off the
cd and had a successfull install the very first time.
SO then i added my combo dvd/cdrw drive and
reinstalled.  success once again.  next, i installed
the pci ide card and hooked the maxtor up.  I
proceeded again with the install.  This time it was a
no go.  Now i keep getting "lost interupts".  I'm not
sure why i didn't try to install with the 6 gig and
the ide card first.  that is for tonite.  I guess now
my question is why all of a sudden to i get these
"lost interupts" and how do i fix them.  also, i tried
to install using the 2.2 kernel, but it doesn't
recognize my acard.  Note:  the key command that i use
to install is (install-gui hdi=ide-scsi)  cdrom is on
hdi according to the boot sequence.  Thanks again for
all your help.

DAn