iBook battery life

Greg Hamilton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 3 23:04:00 2003

Hi,

I have an iBook 500. I'm currently running OSX 10.2.4. I'm experiencing
severely reduced battery life. A lot of people have been complaining of
the same problem lately. eg. Have a look at this forum on Apple's own
web site :
http://discussions.info.apple.com/WebX?14@22.cZL1aAD3j0Z.0@.3bbf6b95

There's some suggestion that the problem is not just hardware. OSX may
be over charging the battery or reporting incorrect battery charge. I'm
curious to know if any iBook owners running YDL are experiencing these
battery problems. I haven't heard a peep from folks still running OS9
which tends to lend some credence to this notion that it's software
related.

I suspect it may be time to junk OSX in favour of Linux.

Greg Hamilton