Powermac g4 server won't boot from cd

Phil yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 8 13:24:01 2003

I had a similar issue with a B&W not seeing the cd.  I tried to tell OF
to boot from the cd, but that didn't work.

I ended up putting the contents of yaboot in the system folder in Mac
OS 9.  I editing yaboot.conf to read from the hard drive instead of the
cd.  Then, in open firmware I did

boot hd:,\\yaboot

I also had to put full cd in the system folder, but hey, it worked. ;^)

Hope that helps.

Phil