3.0 ISO download from YDL.net/enhanced not working

c asunto yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 8 16:03:01 2003

I had to deal with the slow downloads too, on a cable modem. I started at
10:30 pm and started downlaoding the 3 iso's. According to download manager,
the last one did not finish until 2:00 pm. Luckily I went to bed and to
work, so I didn't wait for it.

I too think for $90 you would pull some quick download time.

----Original Message Follows----
From: Rick Thomas <Rick.Thomas@pobox.com>
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: Re: 3.0 ISO download from YDL.net/enhanced not working
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 16:41:54 -0400

I've been trying unsuccessfully to download the "new" YDLv3.0 ISOs from
the "YDL.net/enhanced" website.

The best transfer rate I can get is 70kbytes/sec (1 or 2 hours to
download a 600 MB ISO file), and it usually ends in a fatal
communications error (dropped connection or some such).  Even when
(after a couple of hours waiting) it finally "succeeds", the MD5
checksum is wrong.  I'm connecting to the Internet via the University's
broadband connection, so the slowdown isn't on my end.

I was willing to cut YDL some slack during the startup period, but it's
been a couple of weeks.  By now, it seems to me, for $90 the download
really should "just work".

What's going on?

Rick