YDL.net signon screen is not secure... What to do about it?

Rick Thomas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 8 21:29:01 2003

Don't worry Dan.  I'm bugging "support@ydl.net" as well!  I'm just hoping to
drum up some public enthusiasm for the topic, so you folks at YDL don't
dismiss me as a crank.

If you missed them the first time around, please take take the time to read
the previous entries in this thread.  They show that others besides me feel
this is an important issue.

Rick

PS:  You folks have a great product, as I'm happy to tell the world!  You
also have a wonderfully helpful and public spirited team.  I'm genuinely
glad to be doing business with you.  I'm just hoping that a few *little*
things don't wind up spoiling things for all of us.  Login security is one
of those little things with a serious potential for big trouble if it's not
done right.

PPS:  I'm a sysadmin by profession.  I understand being swamped.  But I also
understand allocation of scarce resources to the place where they will do
the users (read paying customers) the most good.  I'm also a user and a
paying customer.  As such, I understand that if I don't tell you what I
think is important, you won't be able to take that into account when you
allocate resources.