iMac 333mhz - CDRom goes crazy during YD 3.0 Install

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 9 00:04:00 2003

Has anyone encountered a problem during the install of YD 3.0?

The problem I get is that first the install will not run in graphical mode.  No
problem, it then automatically goes into text install.

But what is strange, the install chugs along and then freezes, you can hear the
CD rom speeding up slowing down speeding up slowing down..etc.  I've tried the
install a few times and this occurs at different install periods.  First time
occured while trying to load up initially, then when it was installing the
image file, and latest during installation of the rpms.

I used the MD5SUMS to verify the ISOs prior to burning, and they checked out.
I performed a clean install - reformated, reinstalled OS 9(OS X too slow), and
then started the 3.0 install - used the install to format hard drive.

I'm trying to get this to work on an iMac 333Mhz machine.

Any help is appreciated!

2.3 installed without a hitch...no idea why 3.0 is giving me such grief.

Chris

YDL.net - The online community for Yellow Dog Linux users