iMac 333mhz - CDRom goes crazy during YD 3.0 Install

Nathan Weil yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 9 01:03:01 2003

The only reason mine ever does this, is because it can't read the CD.  I've
found that over the years, mine has gotten incredibly picky about CD media.
Also, try lowering the burn speed, helped for mine.

Nathan

-----Original Message-----
From: yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
[mailto:yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com]On Behalf Of
ctaylor@ydl.net
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 11:04 PM
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: iMac 333mhz - CDRom goes crazy during YD 3.0 Install

Has anyone encountered a problem during the install of YD 3.0?

The problem I get is that first the install will not run in graphical mode.
No
problem, it then automatically goes into text install.

But what is strange, the install chugs along and then freezes, you can hear
the
CD rom speeding up slowing down speeding up slowing down..etc.  I've tried
the
install a few times and this occurs at different install periods.  First
time
occured while trying to load up initially, then when it was installing the
image file, and latest during installation of the rpms.

I used the MD5SUMS to verify the ISOs prior to burning, and they checked
out.
I performed a clean install - reformated, reinstalled OS 9(OS X too slow),
and
then started the 3.0 install - used the install to format hard drive.

I'm trying to get this to work on an iMac 333Mhz machine.

Any help is appreciated!

2.3 installed without a hitch...no idea why 3.0 is giving me such grief.

Chris