battery trouble

Beartooth yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 10 08:28:01 2003

On 10 Apr 2003 00:26:57 -0600, Dan Burcaw
<dburcaw@terrasoftsolutions.com> asked:

> Were you running in plugged in mode a lot? I know that batteries can
> start to degrade after long periods this... they really need to drain
> and recharge to last a long time.

	Ouch! Yes. I imagined that'd be good for it. :-(

	So -- VDQ #1: is there any hope of resurrecting the dead one?

	VDQ #2: When you do want to run the ibook 24/7 for some time,
should you just do it plugged in and without battery? (It does run
plugged in with the dead battery.) Fool thing takes forever to boot ...
<exit downstage, muttering into beard>

--
Beartooth the Stubborn <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>
Double Retiree, Neo-Redneck, Linuxer's Apprentice