DRI and the radeon.o kernel module

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 11 15:45:01 2003

At 17:18 -0400 on 2003-4-11 Bill Fink wrote:

 > > Without this the compilation of radeon.o complains (justly ;-) ) about
 > > missing headers.
 >
 > Ah, I see.  I didn't remember doing that step and in fact I didn't,
 > although I did build in support for both R128 and RADEON DRM kernel
 > drivers.  I built my XFree86-4.3.0 from a RedHat source RPM, and
 > copied the drm kernel drivers from the BUILD/XFree86-4.3.0 tree
 > _after_ the build of XFree86-4.3.0.

Yeah, that must be it.  I built XFree86, then it worked, then I erased
the tree.  So when I discovered that I have to make a new kernel
module I uncompressed the archives again, and I did not of course make
the thing; hence no symlinks, hence the need to manually copy stuff
from outside the kernel-drm directory by hand.

 > Does anyone have a list of games that can take advantage of the 3D
 > acceleration that work on PPC Linux?

Umm, I am afraid I had not tried games, after all I just managed to
make DRI work, ;-) and not even this completely to my tastes.  As I
was saying earlier, AGP gets disabled when DRI kicks in and it shows
(e.g., it is kind of jumpy when I de-iconify a terminal), so it is
just a partial success.  But then I ran out of ideas and for the time
being out of time too, so this will have to wait.  Did you encounter
such a problem by any chance?

Cheers,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.