yellowdog-general digest, Vol 1 #736 - 13 msgs

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Apr 12 10:41:07 2003

> Message: 9
> Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 23:35:36 -0500
> From: "Jonathan C. Sitte" <jcsitte@staticnull.org>
> To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
> Subject: Re: Sleep and YDL 3.0
>
> I have been having issues too. I put the laptop to sleep and then when
> turn it back on the screen won't turn back on. I tried turning off DRI
> and then it works fine.
>
> By the way I have a powerbook g4 2001 with the M6
>
> jcsitte

I too have had this problem with a bronze keyboard powerbook.
Sometimes, the laptop would wake up but not the screen; the keyboard
caps would light up but sshd was unresponsive. Other times, it would
just turn off completely after the screen blanked; both cases required
a hard reboot. Is there some pmud setting I should mess with, or some
kernel module causing the problem?