YDL 3.0 on Xserve

Michael George yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Apr 12 14:21:01 2003

I'm sorry to hear of your problems.  I have an older Xserve, so I won't
have this issue.

However, we were one of the bleeding-edgers in putting 2.3 on the first
Xserves.  There were some "issues", but I was VERY happy with YDL's
assistance in getting it up and running.  Very happy.  I know it's a
pain when you wanted it on there and it's not going, but YDL will do
all they can to get you up 'n' runnin'!

On Friday, April 11, 2003, at 10:03  AM, Mackay, Michael wrote:
> My experiences with 3.0 on an Xserve:
>
> I bought one of the very latest machines from Apple, and so far have
> not been able to get 3.0 (or 2.3 for that matter) loaded on it.  Apple
> apparently put a new Promise ATA controller in the new ones, and the
> YDL install disks don't see any ATA drive in the Xserve machine
> because of this.
>
> The support folks at YDL are working on it, but if any one has
> ideas......

-Michael