14.1" Wallstreet XF86Config-4

Felix Jodoin yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 15 16:35:01 2003

Try running xf86config, I do and it usually fixes the problem (except
in redhat 7.2 but that's a long story... see at end of page).
-Proteus/Alias
BTW, it's fine, I do that kind of thing all the time.

Long story:
Well, started out as a normal day as I loaded up VPC and installed
redhat 7. I just wanted to see if I could get gnome 2 working on that
(another long story, not enclosed) but the screen was small and ugly.
Not a problem, thought I, for xf86config can change it to 1024x786.
Little did I know this would lead to version and configfile madness,
cause that's what I got. Nyaaa, <ServerLayout> wasn't expected, and
stuff like that. I even re-installed redhat but same thing, it stayed
on "Nyaaa"/nagging mode. Ackkk. So, to get gnome 2 I ordered YDL 3.0
and that will solve the problem.
-Proteus/Alias