Multiple monitors help

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 16 10:19:01 2003

Hi folks. I recently installed YDL3.0 and everything is working great. I
have a G4 867 with two ATI Radeon cards. When I boot Linux, I get the
bootloader and kernel bootup messages on one monitor (at PCI:16:20:0) and
then it switches to the second monitor (at PCI:16:19:0) to load the kernel
and start init. I can then start X from there and everything works fine.
However, I can not run X on the first monitor (PCI:16:20:0), either in
solo or Xinerama configuration. When I try to start X in those cases, I
get a kernel panic. In all cases, I'm using the generic FBdev driver. I am
guessing I'll need to recompile my kernel to enable proper multiple
monitor support. What options will I need turned on? If anyone could point
me in the direction of some good info I would be most grateful. :)

PS: Please CC your replies to me as I am not subscribed to the list.

Thanks.