ydl 3.0 terrbile audio playback

Brian Waite yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 16 12:39:01 2003

Hi all,
	I am having terrible playback on my system running YDL 3.0. I get tons of
dropouts while playing ogg files with noatun/kaboodle. I get dropouts when I
move my ouse too much or switch windows. We are not talking an underpowered
or over burnened machine either.
Here is cpuinfo:
cpu             : 7450, altivec supported
clock           : 799MHz
revision        : 2.1 (pvr 8000 0201)
bogomips        : 797.90
machine         : PowerMac3,5
motherboard     : PowerMac3,5 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh
detected as     : 69 (PowerMac G4 Silver)
pmac flags      : 00000000
L2 cache        : 256K unified
memory          : 512MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld

This never happened on 2.3. I have played with all kinds of options. I tested
OSS and threaded sound system and both behave poorly, I have also played with
bufferring all the way up to the max and I still get dropouts. Does anyone
have any ideas? This happens on the 2 macines I have running 3.0. It makes
for a real pain in the neck

Thanks
Brian