Customizing YDL

Ben Hall yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Aug 1 07:51:01 2003

No worries. ;)

Actually, thank you.  While I had mucked around in /etc/gconf/* to get
rid of Gnome trying to start the stupid screensaver, I hadn't poked
around in there too much.  It seems that
/etc/gconf/g.x.d/schemas/panel/default_profiles is indeed the place to
look.  Too bad, those XML files are a PITA to go through.  Anyone out
there know of a good XML editor?  (Sadly gconf-editor won't work, as it
seems to only change per-user settings.)

Ah, progress.  Me, I still fondly remember when there were only flat
files for setting all of this stuff up.

Ben