YDL 3.0 and Cube-> network not working

Atro Tossavainen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Aug 6 02:40:01 2003

> >What does /sbin/lspci tell you about the network card?
>
> tells me that I have a GMACE NIC (Sun built)... but when initializing
> even the loopback interface the cube stops running :(
>
> maybe I should try Mandrake, altough RH/YDL is my favorite

If there's a kernel problem with the network card, it's likely that
changing distributions is not going to do much for you.  Not that I
care.

The loopback interface is a kernel internal structure not tied to any
hardware whatsoever.  If loopback initialisation is sufficient to halt
the entire machine, you have far more serious problems than just a
network card not being recognised.

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,

File attachments NOT welcome unless agreed to beforehand.