Apache::Registry missing

nathan r. hruby yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Aug 6 09:15:02 2003

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Wes Plate wrote:

> I'm trying to use a web application that wants to use mod_perl for
> performance.  I was happy to see that TDL 3.0 comes with mod_perl, but when
> I try to access this perl script, I get a server error with the logs saying
> that Apache::Registry is missing.
>
> I tried to install Apache::Registry, using "perl -MCPAN -e shell" but it is
> asking me where my apache source is.  I take it that since apache was
> installed by the YDL installer, there is no source.

Try a yum install apache-devel first, it may just need the development
libraries not the whole source tree.  Then again, it may in fact need the
whole thing, I don't know, i'm not a big maod_perl guy.

If the applciation can use FastCGI you may want to use that instead, it's
darn quick, lighter-weight and easier to install with CPAN.

-n
nathan hruby <nhruby@uga.edu>
uga enterprise information technology services
production systems support
metaphysically wrinkle-free