Patching the kernel for PPPPoATM?

Charles Trois yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Aug 6 11:45:01 2003

Hello,

I have a 15" LCD iMac with YDL 3.

I am trying to set up an ADSL connection (with PPPoA as requested by my ISP)
through my SpeedTouch USB modem, using the new package speedbundle-1.0,
which is said to take care of practically everything.

The make process goes on until I get this error message:
 *** ATM support not turned on in the kernel!

ATM is indeed not mentioned by xconfig. I therefore looked around for a
suitable patch, and found a few here and there; they are called:

pppoatm-kernel-vs-2.H15FB6.diff

pppoatm-kernel-vs-2.4.0test2.diff

pppoatm-2

They don't work; there are several failures in the patch process, and I
don't know how to make use of the information contained in the .rej files.

There is some partial result  however, in that xconfig shows afterwards the
line
PPP over ATM (EXPERIMENTAL),
but this is shaded (not active).

I am a bit stuck here and don't know where to look. Does somebody know of an
efficient patch?

All information will be welcome.

Charles