Exchanging Data with my Mac OS X system

Amhairghin Gluingeal yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Aug 10 14:41:01 2003

Try out this beta hfs+ driver at:

http://www.ardistech.com/hfsplus/

I have not tryed it myself.  But I plan on checking it
out next week (just got YDL on my first ever Mac still
playing with OS X etc).  At any rate the stuff by Brad
Boyer on which this was based supposedly worked ok.  I
also read on a SUSE or Debian mailing list that he was
integrating Ardis' work into his own at sourceforge.
I can't confirm this cuz I haven't been able to get to
sf for like 3 days...anyway hope this helps!

~me~

--- JRLS@aol.com wrote:
> I have a system with a number of OSs loaded, Mac OS
> X, Mac OS 9.2.2, Darwin,
> and YDL 3.0. It would be very convienant for me to
> be able to exchange files
> between the two systems. My research has veilded the
> following conclusions:
>
> 1. Linux does not support operations on HFS+
> volumes.
>
> 2. I could change one of my HFS+ volumes to HFS, the
> OS 9 volume looks like a
> likely target.
>
> 3. It would be convienant to modify the file
> /etc/fstab to make the change
> persistant.
>
> 4. That change might occur during my next YDL boot
> if I change the volume
> formatting.
>
> 5. Otherwise I need to edit /etc/fstab manually.
>
> 6. I have not found a complete listing of the
> meaning of the values in the
> vstab field of the fstab file. I would like to know
> where to find same.
>
> 7. It would be pleasant if I could mount my HFS+
> volumes.
>
> Any comments would be appreciated.
>
> Joseph R. L. Simkins
> Richardson, Texas

=====
"...all the world is but the smoke of our intellects...What we want, we may make about us; and what we don't want, we may sweep away."        -H.P. Lovecraft, He