Exchanging Data with my Mac OS X system

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Aug 10 12:58:01 2003

--part1_6.16a53574.2c67ef9c_boundary

I have a system with a number of OSs loaded, Mac OS X, Mac OS 9.2.2, Darwin,
and YDL 3.0. It would be very convienant for me to be able to exchange files
between the two systems. My research has veilded the following conclusions:

1. Linux does not support operations on HFS+ volumes.

2. I could change one of my HFS+ volumes to HFS, the OS 9 volume looks like a
likely target.

3. It would be convienant to modify the file /etc/fstab to make the change
persistant.

4. That change might occur during my next YDL boot if I change the volume
formatting.

5. Otherwise I need to edit /etc/fstab manually.

6. I have not found a complete listing of the meaning of the values in the
vstab field of the fstab file. I would like to know where to find same.

7. It would be pleasant if I could mount my HFS+ volumes.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Joseph R. L. Simkins
Richardson, Texas

--part1_6.16a53574.2c67ef9c_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" F=
AMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2">I have a system with a number of OSs loaded,=20=
Mac OS X, Mac OS 9.2.2, Darwin, and YDL 3.0. It would be very convienant for=
 me to be able to exchange files between the two systems. My research has ve=
ilded the following conclusions:<BR>
<BR>
1. Linux does not support operations on HFS+ volumes.<BR>
<BR>
2. I could change one of my HFS+ volumes to HFS, the OS 9 volume looks like=20=
a likely target.<BR>
<BR>
3. It would be convienant to modify the file /etc/fstab to make the change p=
ersistant.<BR>
<BR>
4. That change might occur during my next YDL boot if I change the volume fo=
rmatting. <BR>
<BR>
5. Otherwise I need to edit /etc/fstab manually.<BR>
<BR>
6. I have not found a complete listing of the meaning of the values in the v=
stab field of the fstab file. I would like to know where to find same.<BR>
<BR>
7. It would be pleasant if I could mount my HFS+ volumes.<BR>
<BR>
Any comments would be appreciated.<BR>
<BR>
Joseph R. L. Simkins<BR>
Richardson, Texas</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SA=
NSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2"></FONT></HTML>

--part1_6.16a53574.2c67ef9c_boundary--