excessive old-world failure of YDL 3.0 install

bruce woller yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Aug 11 20:06:00 2003

On Sunday, August 10, 2003, at 09:48  PM, Stefan Jeglinski wrote:

> And now I find myself in this same boat. And, checking the archives, I
> see previous comments that the YDL 3.0 kernel (not the BOOT kernel)
> *DOES NOT* contain support for UW-SCSI, even though the install kernel
> does. I can hardly contain my frustration for such a ^&#%$@ oversight,
> if true.
>
> So, is it true? And has anyone figured a workaround?

YDL3.0 boots fine for me from a ADPT2940U2B (Ultra 2 wide aka LVD) host
adapter and Maxtor U160 drives.  The only trick is to set up a pointer
to your initrd file.  See posts from mid-July.  I don't know how this
works with Old World boot processes.  On New World machines it is part
of the yaboot.conf file written to the bootstrap partition with ybin.
I assume a pointer to the file would be part of the bootx boot parms.

Regards,
Bruce