Rage 128 and 17" Studio CRT - some progress - some help?

Nick Shaff yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Aug 10 17:21:06 2003

On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 10:07  PM, Stefan Bruda wrote:

> In terms of console the solution I found is far less elegant: I placed
> in /etc/rc.sysinit a call to fbset like this:
>
> /usr/sbin/fbset -a -t <timing info>
>
> where <timign info> has been obtained by trial and error (i.e., doing
> the moves as you do and then doing fbset -s).  See the manual page for
> details.  You could also place your fbset -move commands here.  The
> problem is of course that I had to put this commend after /usr is
> mounted so a good deal of boot messages are still shifted.

Steve,

Everything works great so far cept this part. if I do and fbset -move
command on the console itself it moves over mabey one character, ok
fine, do it again, it shifts back, and repeats this alternating back
and forth =\ would the timing info be the same as the stuff I used for
the Xfree config?

-Nick