Headless Machines

Robert Barrimond yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Aug 12 07:11:02 2003

--B_3143524232_6070520

I'm trying to run an old UMAX C600 with YDL 3.0 in a headless (sans
keyboard, mouse, and monitor) config.  I can't boot the machine without the
keyboard and mouse attached, because the kernel will improperly load the
Realtek driver for my ethernet card.  Somehow the mac address gets screwed
up because the driver is loaded into the memory incorrectly.  Another users,
was able to "fix" the problem by hardcoding a memory address, but I am not
skilled enough to do this.  Has anyone been able to correct this with an
updated kernel?  I can install that!

--B_3143524232_6070520

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Headless Machines</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Grande"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>I'm trying to run=
 an old UMAX C600 with YDL 3.0 in a headless (sans keyboard, mouse, and moni=
tor) config. &nbsp;I can't boot the machine without the keyboard and mouse a=
ttached, because the kernel will improperly load the Realtek driver for my e=
thernet card. &nbsp;Somehow the mac address gets screwed up because the driv=
er is loaded into the memory incorrectly. &nbsp;Another users, was able to &=
quot;fix&quot; the problem by hardcoding a memory address, but I am not skil=
led enough to do this. &nbsp;Has anyone been able to correct this with an up=
dated kernel? &nbsp;I can install that!<BR>
</SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3143524232_6070520--