Open Office Upgrade

Kevin B. Hendricks yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Aug 17 15:21:01 2003

Hi,

> If you manage to get more recent OO binaries installed, please let me
> know. I haven't been able to get it installed at all. OO will either
> reject my JRE or barfs completely. I asked if anyone else on this list
> was able to install it and all I got back were people reporting the same
> problem. It makes me really wonder what sort of testing was done before
> it was 'released'.

Your words of appreciation are noted....

I run it all of the time.  I built and release the binaries.  I have a stock
YDL 3 setup it works for me and many others that have tried it.

Did you by chance  ...

- forget to upgrade glibc on a YDL 2.3 system?
- forget to read the README_first?
- forget to file a bug report at OOo Issuzezilla?
- forget to ask for help here?
- forget to send me a stack trace of your error?
- forget to make sure you do not have corrupted fonts?

I can't help if I don't know exactly you are doing?  A gdb stack trace of the4
install or startup problem is the best thing for tracking down why it won't
start for you.

Kevin