kernel panic on boot

Shawn Protsman yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Aug 19 21:29:01 2003

I just reformatted my YD 2.3 installation and installed 3.0.  After
installation has completed and the computer is rebooted I get the
following:

VFS: Cannot open root device "sdb6" or 08:16

I never had this issue with YD 2.3.  Does anyone know what the solution
may be?

One oddity I noticed during the installation was found on page 6 of "A
Companion to Installing Yellow Dog Linux 3.0".  It says to create a 1
MB partition using the type "Apple BootStrap'.  I don't receive this
option.  The drop down menu only contains ext2, ext3 and swap.  Could
this be related to the above problem?

PowerCenter Pro 240
64 MBs RAM
2 GB UWide SCSI (Mac OS 9)